Hello, my name is W. Kevin Wolff and I am creative professional with over 18 years of experience in graphic design, front-end web development, programming, video editing, corporate branding, and marketing. Prior to joining the Clearbox and Allterra Group I worked in the health care industry as an Art Director for two monthly medical journals overseeing all print, web, and video materials. During this time I won two national design awards and one regional award. Recently, I was responsible for the graphic design, web development, corporate branding, and marketing for Clearbox, Allterra Group, Appraisal Buzz, CRN, Allterra Online and Valuation Expo.
Clearbox/Allterra Group, Salisbury, MD Sept. 2010—Aug. 2014
Chief Creative Officer: Develop visual style, UI, UX, and email marketing as well as presentation, print and trade show collateral for a successful web based real estate appraiser recruiting/media company. Chief designer and front-end developer for Clearbox real estate appraiser compliance system.
- Provide Visual Design (layout, look and feel) for web sites.
- Research and analyze creative campaign goals, assuring that the company’s image strongly reflects current industry standards and trends.
- Work with project teams to determine milestones and deliverables, assessing creative needs and coordination of production resources.
- Initialize and solidify company’s visual image by providing strong creative solutions, concepts and design in both on and offline marketing media.
Close Quarters Defense, Trappe, MD Oct. 2009—Sept. 2010
Marketing Director: Design all print, web, presentation, and video materials for inhouse marketing campaigns. Film training events and edit for reviewing purposes. Research all competitors and gather all web statistics to help better compete in the web market. Manage web site products and inventory requirements. Web site: www.cqd.net
D3corp.com, Ocean City, MD Feb. 2009—Oct. 2009
Web Developer: Design, edit, and build-out web sites for clients of various markets. As an extension of the web sites designing and branding e-mail blast that help reach the marketing goals set forth. In charge of designing in-house print collateral.
Advanstar Communications, Salisbury, MD 2002—2009
Art Director: Provide art direction, design, and layout of two magazines—Healthcare Traveler (monthly) and LocumLife (monthly)—for this leading provider of information and communication products to targeted business and professional markets. Work collaboratively with multiple departments to establish layout direction for each issue; coordinate advertising content and rotation with sales teams and article/image content with editorial department. Participate in meetings to contribute ideas for increasing advertisement sales. Maintain and update Web sites: www.healthcaretraveler.com, www.locumlife.com
- 2006 American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors Silver Award for Best New Publication.
- 2003 American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors Gold Award for Best Publication Redesign.
Atlantic & Hastings, Salisbury, MD 1998—2002
Senior Graphic Designer: Served as director of design department, holding responsibility for management of a 5-member staff (training, scheduling, and supervision), design / layout, and client relations. Provided layout and design of high-end print advertising materials and a 80-page internationally distributed monthly publication. Designed, deployed, and maintained company Web site. Participated in campaign development and marketing initiatives by working with clients and marketing firms to better understand the product and the target consumer to focus design efforts.
- Gained in-depth, hands-on experience in 4-color process; high-resolution scanning; and photo retouching, color correction and manipulation.
- Re-design of the monthly publication led to recognition by the Evangelical Press Association as 2000 Winner of Award of Merit for most improved publication and 2nd place for redesign.
Salisbury State University, Salisbury, Maryland with classes in Fine Arts and Graphic Design Emphasis in Painting, Drawing, 2D/3D Design, Computer graphics, Web design & Color Theory
Wor-Wic Community, Salisbury, Maryland with classes in General Studies.